The Birdie Cage
We have been busy converting the rotunda (that dome-shaped conservatory beside the food court) into our very own Bird Cage!
The room is now full with over 500 birds! But no need to worry, no birds have been harmed in the process as they are not real birds, they are origami birds!
The origami birds have been lovingly made by local schools Norwich Primary Academy and Heather Avenue Infant School, some of our retailer's Boots and CardMarket, as well as by our own fair hands.
We have also included some interesting facts about birds in the room for you to enjoy and set a little challenge for you! When you visit the Birdie Cage, see if you can count the yellow Canaries. Then send us your guess in a tweet to @castlemall or in a direct message to us on facebook @NorwichCastleMall. There is a £100 shopping spree up for grabs, so get counting.
Count the Canaries Competition Terms and Conditions
- 1.Entries to the competition are via the Castle Mall Facebook page or Twitter account.
- 2.One entry per person.
- 3.The Count the Canaries competition is open for entries from 10am on Thursday 11th October 2018 until 10am on Sunday 18th November. The winner will be announced on Monday 19th November.
- 4.Entrants must visit the Birdie Cage in Castle Mall, in the food court, and count the number of canaries - yellow folded origami paper birds - in the birdie cage. Entrants must then tweet their guess to the Castle Mall account or send it in a direct message via the centre’s Facebook page.
- 5.The person that has submitted the guess closest to the correct number of canaries in the Birdie Cage will win a £100 shopping spree in the centre. If more than one person has submitted the correct answer or the same closest number, then the entries will be put into a prize draw and one person picked at random.
- 6.There is one prize to be won; a £100 shopping spree in Castle Mall in the form of vouchers for the store(s) of their choice within the shopping centre.
- 7.The winners will be contacted via the Facebook or Twitter account they used to enter the competition, on Monday 19th November.
- 8. Winners must make contact and arrange collection of their prize within 14 days or risk the prize being forfeited.
- 9. Prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred.
- 10. The prize will be available to collect from the management office in Castle Mall shopping centre, Norwich.
- 11. Employees of Castle Mall and their relatives are not permitted to enter this competition.
- 12. To be eligible to win the above prizes entrants must follow the instructions on Castle Mall Facebook page, Twitter, website and in the Birdie Cage.
- 13. By entering the promotion you accept these terms and conditions, and agree to participate in any publicity associated with this promotion. If the entrants fail to agree to these terms and conditions they will be automatically excluded from the promotion.
- 14. Details of the competition and prizes are correct at the time of publication but are subject to change without prior notice.
- 15. The promoter and partners have arranged this competition in good faith and cannot accept liability in any matter relating to the prizes whatsoever.
- 16. The entrants personal information may be used only by our staff internally, for the purposes of the promotion and will not be passed on to any third parties other than where legally or contractually obliged. Friends tagged as part of the entry requirement will not be contacted.
- 17. The Promoters must make available on request the name and county of major prizewinners, by entering into the competition you are consenting to this information being publicised. Prizewinners will not be compromised by the publication of excessive personal information.
- 18. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. If any circumstances out of The Promoter’s control mean that the competition prize advertised is not available, The Promoter reserves the right to (without prior notice): (a) cancel the promotion; and or (b) substitute the competition prize for another amount of less value.