One of our Real Shoppers Lily, aged just 4, inspired us to support the Send a Smile with Santa appeal.
The appeal is asking for donations for patients at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, a charity that Lily is very passionate about after spending time in hospital herself.
You are able to donate your gifts at our management office, here are some details about donating a gift……..
Donate a gift at Christmas
Thank you for thinking about donating a gift to a patient who will be spending their Christmas Day in hospital this year. We would like to collect presents for every single one of our patients who are spending Christmas Day in hospital with us.
This Christmas we will be encouraging local people, businesses and organisations to donate Christmas presents for our patients who will be too poorly to leave hospital and celebrate Christmas at home with their loved ones.
Packaging your gift
Please, can your gift be unwrapped or placed in a gift bag.
This means we can ensure that the products are safe and appropriate before they are wrapped and passed on to the wards.
Suggested gifts could include for our adult patients:
• Lip balms, hand lotions, foot lotions or other moisturising lotions or hand wipes (either fragrance-free or gently fragranced)
• Perfumes, cologne (men), bubble bath, make up
• Slipper socks/ bed socks or normal socks
• Deodorants (male/female)
• Chocolates, biscuits, sweets, cereal bars,
• Cordials, herbal, original or flavoured tea-bags
• Pens/ pencils, notepads, notelets, colouring books, cards
• Scented and non-scented wipes
• Hats & scarves
• Wash bags; toothpaste/toothbrushes; hair brushes
• Calendars, diaries
• New books and magazines
• Puzzle books – word search, Sudoku
Please do remember we have male and female patients and for all ages including babies, children, teenagers and adults.
Ideas specifically for babies & infants:
• Infant Rattles/ Teething Toys
• Musical and Light-up toys
• Infant Stimulation Toys
Children & Teenagers:
• Any Lego sets – star wars/DC/Marvel
• Top Trumps
• Colouring books suitable for teenagers
• Lamaze toys
• Nail varnish
• Make up
• Music CD/Relax – therapeutic
• DVDs (new) suitable for children U/PG
• Any Norwich city football stuff
• Light up toys (LED)
• Colouring books, pens, paints, pencils
• Books from Little Readers to Annuals
• Children’s toiletries
• Gift cards
• DVD movies
• Video games: XBox 1, PS4,
• Playing and UNO cards
• Craft/Art kits (beading, model airplanes/cars)
• Remote control cars and trucks
Things we cannot accept:
• To prevent infection, we will only be able to accept new items in their original packaging and not wrapped in paper.
• All purchased food products must be in a sealed package and still in date for 25 December 2017.
• Unfortunately, we are not able to accept edible homemade gifts (cakes, sweets etc), electrical items, used books, candles, old DVDs or VHS tapes; sharp objects such as knives or tools, denominational or religious material.
Donations of wrapping paper and gift bags are useful too.